Appliques- Jungle friends set baby blanket
As you can see from my patterns I really love making animal themed baby stuffs… The first set of the appliques was Undersea Sweetness and after I saw your love to them and the feedback I decide to continue making more and more applique sets.
The Jungle friends set baby blanket was ready a year ago but there was no time to introduce them to you… After I made a decision on being blogger rather than a seller I am really happy to share this cute Jungle friends appliques baby blanket…. Me and my sister put all our effort to finish the blanket and here it is… The final pictures are not the best but till we finish the blanket sun gone down unfortunately.The pictures are not important to me because my goal for today was to finish the pattern and to share it with you. I hope you will love this Jungle friends appliques set as much as we do… We put so much love in this pattern and hope you can feel it too…. So if you are ready let’s start with our cute crochet jungle animal appliques baby blanket pattern. In this post I will share with you pattern for the blanket itself and all the appliques will be shared in separate post. We think it will be eaasier to read the pattern this way because we have 6 different appliques.
As I mentioned in my other post for the applique themed blankets I really love to work with thinner yarn because all the appliques have so many details and with thicker yarn they will become bigger for this size baby blanket. Of course you can use Worsted weight yarn for the blanket and thinner categpry 3 weight yarn or DK ( double knit ) weight yarn. It all depends on you. Here I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn and I am very pleased with the final look.
>>>>> Buy the ad-free PDF file of the full blanket with the appliques HERE
- This pattern is written in US Crochet term.
- Gauge is not important for the dimension of blanket but it is important for the joining and lining of the blanket to be even
- Use same yarn and be careful to make each square and rectangular similar to others
- if you wish you can just crochet 3 columns as scarf and then join only the 3 columns just change color after you reach desired length For example start with beige, make 18rows with beige , switch to green , make 36 rows with green, switch back to beige and etc. It will be easier. I didn’t think of that method and made squares and rectangles but in the end you will have the same result.
- 1 big square measure: 22 cm width/ 24 cm height
- I used Stylecraft Special DK 1 ball blue, 1 ball green and 2 balls of beige for the blanket itself.
- Crochet hook size 4.5mm / US hook size E
- Tapestry needle
dc- double crochet
Hdc- half double crochet
sc- single crochet
sl.st – slip stitch
ch(s) – chains(s)
trng- turning chain
** – make the stitches in the ** indicated times
() – number in () shows the stitches you must have in the end
FO- Fasten off
MR- magic ring
hdc2tog – make 2 hdc stitch together.
Start with foundation ch 42+ 1
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st across (42)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in base of initial ch-1, (sc 1, dc 1 all in next st), * skip 1 st, (sc 1, dc 1 all in next st)* rep from * to * 19 times, skip 1 st, sc in trng ch 1.
Row 3-35 : Repeat row 2
Row 36: ch 1, sc in base of initial ch 1, sc in each st across. FO.
Make 6 big squares in 2 different colors ( I used blue and green as main colors)
Make 6 small rectangles in beige color which must be made 18 rows. The last row is sc row.
Joining squares of the blanket
Join squares with sc stitch method. Put two squares with right side facing each other . Insert your hook in 1st st of both suqare and make regular sc. repeat till you join all squares and rectangles.
make sc in each st around . In the corner make sc1, ch 1, sc 1.
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Share on email