Crochet bell ornaments are perfect Christmas tree decorations. Made of one simple hexagon, these bell ornaments are suitable even for beginners.
So, if you are looking for a quick, last-minute Christmas project to work on, you will love how fast these crochet ornaments are to make. Scroll down for the free pattern or buy the AD-FREE, printable PDF.
Crochet bell ornaments
As we discovered the joy of crochet ornaments this year, it was impossible not to add the bell ornament. With the easy construction of one simple hexagon and the granny clusters, even beginners can make it.
The bell ornaments are part of our Advent Calendar CAL, where we share one free pattern each day.
Because we have only one week left to Christmas, we decided to create quick and simple crochet projects that can be finished in under 30 minutes. And here we have some more crochet ornament suggestions for you.
- DIY, easy and quick ornaments
- Mini stocking ornament
- Mini hat ornament
- Unique bauble ornament
- Easy ornaments for beginners
- Crochet star ornaments
No time to crochet now, save it to your Pinterest board and crochet later.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Easy crochet bell ornament for beginners
Lately, we have been focused on creating simple patterns that can be crocheted even from beginners! This pattern is no exception!
Even better! Once you master this pattern, you will also learn how to start a granny hexagon. The steps on how to crochet hexagons are pretty much the same. The only exception is that after the second row, we will stop increasing.
Repeating the second row will shape your hexagon and turn it into a crochet bell.
Prefer the PDF version?
Grab the ad-free, printable PDF pattern.
Download and print at home. View on your mobile device, tablet, or computer.
– sport weight yarn- Yarnart jeans 55% cotton, 45% acryl, 50 g, 160 m in red or blue
– crochet hook size 3.25mm
-glitter yarn for the edging- Stenli Brokat
–pair of scissors
– tapestry needle
The pattern can be used with any weight yarn you have. However, I recommend using weights like DK (double knitting) or sport-weight yarn. With thicker yarn, the bells come out bigger!
sl st- slip stitch
dc- double crochet
ch-sp/corner space- the space created when we make a ch 2 between the
**– repeat the stitches in the ** indicated times
- The pattern is written in US crochet terms.
- The initial CH 2 is counted as a stitch!
- You can crochet the bell with a leftover ball of yarn from previous projects. Making this pattern a great stash buster!
- To make the bell sturdy and don’t lose its shape, it will be better to use a smaller hook than the one suggested by the label.
- With bulkier yarn, they will be bigger.
- You can use the mini bells as crochet ornaments for your Christmas tree, make a bunting for your fireplace mantle, or as an ornament for wrapping gifts.
- To make your bell shorter or longer you need to add respectively omit one row. In the pattern, we gave you the longer version which means you will crochet without increasing or decreasing from round 2 to 6. To make your bell shorter you need to crochet from rows 2 to 5 and then go to round 7 to make the shells.
Crochet bell ornament pattern
Rnd1: Start with a MR, ch 3(counts as a dc), 2 dc into the ring, ch 2, 3 dc in the ring, ch 2 5 times, sl st in 3rd ch of initial ch-3 to join (18sts and 6 ch-2sp)
In the next round and through the remaining rounds we will work in the corner spaces only. We will skip the stitches between the corners.
Rnd2-6: sl st till the first corner space, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc all in first corner space), 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch-2 corner space 5 times, sl st in 3rd ch to join (36sts and 6 ch-2 spaces)
Rnd7: 7 dc in the first corner space, skip the next 3 sts and make sc into the space between the 2 corners rep around, sl st on top of 1st st to join (6 shells of 7 dc stitches)
FO your main color and attach glitter yarn
Row8: sl st in each stitch around, sl st to join. FO
Adding the hanger.
Take glitter yarn or any yarn you have and insert it from inside through the center. Put a bead and then tie it. Make a big loop to hang. Take your glitter yarn and make a bow. Attach it to your bel.
You can also use Christmas ribbons, sateen ribbons, or mini pre-made bows for decoration.
In addition, you can make your bell to ring for real. When adding the hanger you can attach a mini bell bead inside so it will ring when you shake it!
Invitation to our Facebook group
You are welcome to share your projects made by our patterns with the community and us. We will be thrilled to see your creations, and you are very welcome to share them on our FACEBOOK PAGE HERE or our FACEBOOK GROUP or on INSTAGRAM by using the hashtag #passionatecrafterr.
Make sure to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram for more content and crochet patterns.
More free patterns
Here you will find more free Christmas patterns from the Advent Calendar CAL, that you might like!