Crochet flowers are an easy crochet pattern for a beginner to start with. Therefore in this post, we will show you how to make easy crochet rose appliques in two ways. Scroll down for the free pattern or buy the ad-free PDF pattern here!
Crochet flowers are good projects for beginners to start with. Why?
Because they are small projects that will make you feel accomplished and not frustrated. Moreover, you can see the end result pretty quickly and make a bunch of them. Thus, you can always pin them on some gift cards and show off your skills to friends and family.
What to do with crochet rose applique?
You can always use the crochet rose applique to add some personality to your crochet hats or blankets. Use them for scarves and bag embellishments. Why not make an adorable charm for your backpack or a keychain?
Supplies and materials you will need to make the crochet rose applique
- any type of yarn you have in your stash. I usually prefer cotton if I will be using the crochet rose applique on a home decor project or a bag, but if you will use it on a crochet scarf, blanket, or crochet hat it will be better to use acrylic or wool/acrylic blend yarn
- any crochet hook size which is appropriate for your yarn
- tapestry needle to weave ends in and to sew the crochet rose applique
More free crochet flowers you will love
Crochet rose applique pattern
- CH- chain
- DC- double crochet
- SS- slip stitch
- turning chain- the turning chain is the initial chain 3 of your first row. It is the first 3 chains that are left when we make the first double crochet in 4th chain from our hook.
- We will crochet in rows- back and forth
- In the first row, we will crochet a setup row, and then in the second row we will form the petals
- Your work will be curly in the end. Don’t panic- it is supposed to be that way.
- In the end, we will sew and form the crochet rose applique
The written instructions for the crochet rose applique:
- Row 1: Ch 24, 2 DC in 4th CH from your hook, *CH 1, skip 1, 3 DC in next* rep across
2 DC in 4th from your hook
*CH 1, skip 1, 3 DC in next* rep across
Row 1- completed
- Row 2: * CH 2, turn, DC in the first, 2 DC in next, DC in next, CH 2, SS in next ch-space*rep across, in the end, you will make the last SS in the 3rd ch of your turning chain.
DC in the very first stitch
2 DC in next, DC in next
Slip stitch in the chain space
- when you reach the end of row 2 you need to work the last DC stitch and the slip stitch in the 3rd chain of your turning chain.
- Your crochet rose base is ready and it is time to fold it and turn it into a crochet rose applique.
- Fold it from the center and go around it to form the flower. Take a tapestry needle and sew the petals from the back.
- Make sure that you are going through all the layers.
You are welcome to share your projects made by our patterns with the community and us. We will be thrilled to see your creations, and you are very welcome to share them on our FACEBOOK PAGE HERE or our FACEBOOK GROUP or on INSTAGRAM by using the hashtag #passionatecrafterr.
Make sure to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram for more content and crochet patterns.
Did you make this pattern?
Mention us @passionatecrafterr or tag us using #passionatecrafterr so we can see your creations! You can also leave a comment below!